Friday, April 23, 2010

What is the name of a recently popular Spanish song with an Irish sounding fiddle part?

I was recently in Spain and heard an upbeat song on the radio that was sung in Spanish, but had a prominent Irish fiddle part. I never managed to get the name of the artist/song, though.

What is the name of a recently popular Spanish song with an Irish sounding fiddle part?
Hello Jim,





I have played the violin since I was five years old, and I can think of a plethora of violin pieces that meet your description...I'd be typing for a week if I tried to list them all. ;) That being said, I have an idea of a way to find the piece for which you are searching. If you are able to recall the tune, could you give the first few notes of the music? If you do not know how to read/play music, then you can utilize the site below, find the correct sounds by pressing the keys, and then refer to the links below that to determine which notes you played.





http://www.pianoworld.com/fun/javapiano/...








http://www.funbrain.com/cgi-bin/nt.cgi?A...





https://www.msu.edu/~pierso10/Notes%20of...





You could also go on Youtube and type in something to the effect of 'Popular Spanish violin song,' and see what pops up.





Another thought: If you know what station to which you were listening, and the day/time you heard the piece, then you could look up the station online and call them...But of course, you'd have to be willing to pay long-distance, and you'd probably have to know how to speak Spanish. Okay. Scratch that idea. Far-fetched, to say the least. ;)





Hope you find what you are seeking...Let me know if you decide to go forward with my suggestion with the links, and I'll see if I can help.





God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment